For those who want to get out and really enjoy the adventures of San Francisco, the hotel features the “Explore Local Discovery” Package, which offers accommodations for one night along with two cable car passes for unlimited, one-day use. Whether it’s “climbing halfway to the stars” or just getting from one place to another, the cable cars are not only the city’s most iconic landmark, but a charming and environmentally friendly means of transportation. Rates for this package start at only $214
Top Ten Explore-Adventures In San Francisco
- Climb the notorious Filbert Steps. This unique “stairway to Heaven” leads up to Coit Tower, with gardens ad sculptures guiding the way up to a phenomenal, panoramic view of the bay at the top.
- Take ‘em out to the ballgame at San Francisco Giant’s AT&T Ballpark. From the hotel, the entire family can board the historic F Line street cars to get to the park.
- Wend your way through Pier 39’s new mirror maze.
- Board one of Red and White Fleet’s vessels for a California Sunset Cruise or one of the city’s “original bay tours.”
- Walk the decks of the tall ships and stroll along the Hyde Street Pier, home of the world’s largest collection of historic ships by tonnage, where visitors can board several National Landmark vessels
- Explore the National Maritime Museum (www.maritime.org) and the USS Pampanito Submarine Museum http://www.maritime.org/pamphome.htm
- Take a thrilling adventure on Turbo Ride through the magic of films and sophisticated simulation technology where the hydraulic seats move in sync with the action on the big-screen at Pier 39
- Take a 30-minute flight-seeing tour of the bay with San Francisco Seaplane Tours
- Rent bikes or roller blades and head out to the 240 miles of scenic Bay Trail
- And, to chill out from all the exploration at any point of the day, hang out at the Hyatt at Fisherman’s Wharf’s outdoor swimming pool, one of the only hotel pools in the city.